Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Clean Bill of Health... For Now

I just came back from my Endocrinologist's for a review of blood and urine tests that were taken a little over a week ago. She was super happy about it and I must admit that her mood was quite contagious. She was finally satisfied with my hormone levels, liver and kidney function and even vitamin levels. I need to work on increasing my good cholesterol levels but that's it. She said that for now she would not be increasing my dosage of Synthroid but may need to depending on what the next bloodtest, which would be taken at the end of January, reveals. Yay!

I have been feelng a lot better lately. Better than I have for some time. I still feel fatigue, muscle weakness and occasional joint swelling but all in all it's not bad and I'm used to it. By now I'm guessing that these symptoms will probably never really go away completely and so I'm still trying to make my peace with this.

While I'm pleased with this news, and trying to cram as much as I can into these "good days," I'm also a bit sad and scared because I know this will soon end and I'm not looking forward to it. I just hope that I can accomplish as much as I can in between and I'm not too hard on myself when the bad days rear their ugly heads again.

No comments:

Post a Comment