Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Let's Make a Trade

Recently a friend of mine told me that he was diagnosed with Graves Disease. He had been trying to figure out what was wrong with him for some time. About a month ago he had been told that he had diabetes. Turns out that what he really had were hormone levels that were about 3 times too high which were making him extremely hyper and consequently extremely tired. He reported to me that he felt relief when he could finally put a name to what he had. He was also pretty angry that no one else even thought to check to see that it could be Graves before this.

I totally understood this and remember feeling the same way upon my diagnosis of Hashimoto's. I then told my boyfriend about our mutual friend and he jokingly suggested that he send some extra hormones my way since he has too many and I have too little. Hahaha! Leave it to him to make a joke and lighten the mood. Aww I love him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment